Here is a training session. 5vs3 or defensive overload. Creating 2 situations 1) Team (defending) is down one player how to play and reshape? 2) Team up 1 player (attacking) how to utilize this advantage? Need decision making.
- Creating safe zone for the player to be able to train decision making, through practice decision making will become faster.
- best for midfield/play makers
- time on the ball to make the right play
- Decision making
- Creating confidance.
- Making plays and passes
- on and off the ball movements and plays
- Magic man is allowed in the safe zone and join the attack.
- must be quick in transition.
- Magic man has loyalty to both teams when in attack.
- Magic man will not put in the defensive workload.
- Magic man always on attack doesn’t learn the defensive movement when the ball is lost.
- Gives players with less confidence more time to think when in the safe zone.
- through practice and motivation more confidence will be gained.
I am not a fan of the Magic man concept because that player does attacking/midfield role for both teams, does not truly learn the in transition moments for defensive switch.
But Useful if teams are uneven.
Yet I would choose x v x-1 concepts.
Alternate: no magic man a designated midfielder in the safe zone.
Thoughts? Comment. Like. Repost if useful.